Wednesday, April 13, 2011

For Mark

I wrote this 2 weeks ago for my husband & didn't plan on posting it until he got a chance to read it since we're going through a rough time. But in light of everything that is going on in my marriage and with me personally I've decided that I'm going to post it anyway. I really love this one and I hope that one day he does too.


I’ve never felt a love like this before
I’ve never wanted to give myself away
Hand my heart over not knowing where it goes
I’ve never felt like this before

Sometimes I get lost in your eyes
In the touch of your hand against mine
Sometimes I get lost in the smell of your skin
In the feel of our bodies entwined

I’ve never felt a love like this before
It’s so damn confusing
So damn alluring
I’ve never felt a love like this before

Sometimes I get lost in the sound of your voice
In the memories of the past
Sometimes I get lost in the beat of your heart
In the snoring that doesn’t last

I’ve never felt so in love before
Before you walked into my life
Before you touched my hand and kissed my lips
No, no, I’ve never felt a love like this before

No comments:

Post a Comment